BlueQueue is hiring for a junior product designer (UX) position. We’re looking for a confident, entrepreneurial, passionate pixel pusher who isn’t afraid to hustle. If you’re interested in startups, mobile apps, SaaS, the blockchain cryptocurrency space (Ethereum, Polygon, Avalanche, and dApp’s) and have a natural talent in crafting elegant experiences, you might just be the perfect fit for this position.
In this role you’ll be working as part of a UX team to deliver mobile app and desktop software solutions for our clients and internal projects. You’ll report directly to our founder, a published UX expert of mobile design systems and the design architect of multiple mobile app frameworks.
Why this position will change your life:
- If you are looking to jetpack your career, work with industry pioneers, and be valued for your commitment to hard work, this is the place.
- You’ll work with and for nationally recognized brands to build the future of mobile apps.
- The flexibility of working remote and being the captain of your own ship, allows you to work when and where you want to
- Remote – Work from home, or anywhere you want. Fewer meetings, company politics & more autonomy clearing the way for you to live the life you want.
- Accelerated Learning – Working with pioneering UX experts who’ll teach you the tricks of the trade, first hand.
- Great Pay – As a member of the BlueQueue team you’re compensation will equate to the value you bring, meaning your earning potential is completely based on your drive to be better at your craft.
- Expanding Opportunities – We’re actively building new businesses and products that we intend to share with the world. Get in now and solidify a career in mobile apps and blockchain.
- Translate business requirements, determine user goals and execute on a mobile strategy to create engaging experiences that drive measurable business objectives
- Lead and participate in design sessions using research and design thinking
- Produce sketches, flows, personas, journey maps, storyboards, wireframes, prototypes and service designs – to demonstrate concepts while adhering to established design system guidelines
- Deliver high-quality designs ranging from clickable prototypes to pixel perfect design system components
- Present your proposed solutions to stakeholders, teams and leadership
- Contribute to building and evolving tools, processes, best practices and design frameworks to continuously improve our methods
- Foster collaborative relationships across teams to promote innovation
- 2+ years in UX/UI related role (Graphic Designer, Web Designer, Information Architect, Visual Designer, Product Designer)
- 2+ year of experience with UX design tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Photoshop
- An excellent understanding/mastery of typography, color, space, and graphics in a digital interface
- A proven ability to create complex, yet elegant solutions
- A portfolio that demonstrates your design process and thinking
- Ability to work remotely and deliver without supervision
- Self-starter with the ability to organize, prioritize, multi‐task and work independently
- Awareness of emerging technological trends and understand their impacts
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Humility, honesty, a sense of humor, and a hunger for doing more in life
- Experience with distributed computing systems, blockchain or dApps
- 1+ year of experience in e-commerce
- 2+ years of experience designing mobile user experiences
- 2+ years of experience using UX best practices such as user centered design, interaction design, information architecture, visual/graphic design and usability principles and techniques
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related fields (or equivalent experience)
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices